If you have the job, we have the tools!
Flushing and Purging: WHY?
The Geothermal heat pump and pumping module unit is connected to the ground heat exchanger. Before operating the closed loop system, the following procedural and verification checks mast be made to ensure the system will perform properly and as designed:
- Flushing debris from the closed loop system (circulating pumps, heat exchangers, other sensible devices)
- Purging air from the closed loop system (minimum 2 ft. per sec; water column of up to 60 stores high)
- Verifying ground heat exchanger design (pressure vs flow)
- Checking for possible flow blockage if design verification was not accomplished
- Charging closed loop system with antifreeze
- Pressurizing the closed loop system
Boreal Geothermal now makes it possible to rent a Purging / Flushing Cart, allowing you to do all above procedures and verifications within one easy step.
The Purge GeoCyclone
|Residential and a light commercial purging unit / flushing cart: 24 gpm pump capacity (35 ft head)|